Review of The Hound of the Baskervilles PC game.
With game play details and review.
This top detective PC game is from Frogwares.
And based on one of the Adventure of Sherlock Holmes books.
Available to download and play for PC including free demo.
With a unique twist on the original story. Involving time-travelling and supernatural skills! For the full Sherlock games series so far, check out my post also included below.
Sherlock Holmes Hidden Object Game
Genres: Detective, Puzzle, Hidden Object.
Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
PC release: November 2010.
Plot: Charles Baskerville is the latest victim of a centuries-old curse! Now, Henry Baskerville needs Sherlock Holmesâ€™ help to break the curse, before another murder occurs! Travel to legendary Baskerville Hall, and figure out exactly what is going on, and what the mysterious Hound of the Baskervilles is after. Crack the case in this incredible Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!
Hound of the Baskervilles – Gameplay
- Loosely based on the story of the same title by A.C. Doyle.
- Help Holmes, Watson and the heir to Baskerville Hall solve the mystery behind a series of gruesome family murders! Who or what has cursed the Baskerville family?
- Solve puzzles and mini-games. Clear hidden object scenes to find key items.
- Unlock each section of the Baskerville Hall. By collecting the pieces of each family member’s coat of arms.
- For each coat of arms you completed you’ll also receive a special jewel. That is part of the family medallion. But also possesses a special power.
- There are 5 jewels/powers to collect. You will need these to be able to progress through the different parts of the mansion.
- The special powers or abilities: Strength, Perception, Materialization, Speed, Telekinesis.
- You can access the jewels you have collected at any time. By clicking on them in the medallion, in the right-hand bottom corner of the screen.
- Once in an unlocked room, you’ll have the chance to travel back in time to the moments just after the murder of a Baskerville. Examine the crime scene and collect clues to help you solve this mystery.
- Solve the puzzles and play mini-games in each room. To get closer to solving the overall mystery of the game.
Collector’s Edition – Features
- With 7 chapters in the main game. Plus a bonus chapter in the Collector’s Edition (CE).
- Play in 2 game modes: Easy or Hard. Select how much skips/hints/help you want to play with.
- Interactive map – shows where there are active tasks to complete. Use it to fast-travel to a location with one click. A blue wolf’s head icon on the map indicates an unlocked location in the past.
- Hints – access hints and skip puzzles once they’re fully charged. By clicking on the button in the center of the medallion.
- Collector’s Edition extras include strategy guide, 32 achievements, collectibles, bonus game play and bonus content.
Hound of the Baskervilles – Review
Though this version of the Baskervilles story bares little resemblance to the original. There’s plenty here that even die-hard Sherlock fans will enjoy.
Frogwares have done an excellent job taking the basis of the mystery story. And creating an engaging and immersive HO mystery game! Though beware some crime scene depictions are, not surprisingly, quite bloody!
The artwork is gorgeous, bright and detailed. With music and background sound effects that add to the tense atmosphere. Puzzles, HO scenes and mini games are involving, challenging and plentiful throughout. Especially with all the extras in the Collector’s Edition.
All of which adds up to a suspenseful, thrilling detective HOPA game!
Play Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
This is the 8th installment in Frogwares’ Adventure of Sherlock Holmes game series. See my post: Sherlock Holmes PC Games List. For a list of all their Sherlock games. Including hidden object and RPGs. On computer and other platforms, listed in order of PC release.
More Top Detective PC Games
More crime-solving games:
Sherlock Holmes Game: The Devil’s Daughter Review.
Peril at End House â€“ PC Game Review.
L. A. Noire Dark Detective RPG Coming to Switch.
Agatha Christie Hidden Object Games List for PC.
See also my latest Mystery Hidden Object Games News. For PC, Mac, Android, iPad and iPhone.
Don’t forget, you can Subscribe or Follow and get updates of my latest posts.