Geonosians are one of the most annoying teams in SWGOH and very difficult to counter. But in today’s guide, I will share you the best way to counter Genosian teams in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes.
To effectively take down a Geonosian team in SWGOH, it is essential to prioritize the elimination of Geonosian Brood Alpha and Geonosian Spy.
Removing Geonosian Brood Alpha from the battle will put an end to the mass out-of-turn attacks. Lower-priority targets include Sun Fac, Geonosian Soldier, and Poggle the Lesser.
While this is the bare-bone strategy in just a couple of paragraphs, we should get a bit more in depth below to better understand the Genosian teams in SWGOH, but also how to counter them.
Understanding Geonosian Team Dynamics in SWGOH
To effectively counter Geonosian teams, it’s essential to understand how they operate within the game.
The mechanics behind Geonosians are straightforward, similar to the relentless Zerg swarm from Starcraft (or other top strategy games you can play today).
If not handled correctly, they can unleash a barrage of attacks that are pretty much deadly. Here’s a breakdown of the roles played by each Geonosian character on the team:
- Geonosian Brood Alpha: This character serves as the leader of the top Geonosian team in SWGOH. A fully upgraded Geonosian Brood Alpha with Zeta tiers can summon Geonosian Brutes, provide significant stat boosts, and allow Geonosian allies to execute out-of-turn attacks. Focusing your attacks on Geonosian Brood Alpha is the key to dismantling a Geonosian team in SWGOH.
- Geonosian Spy: As the primary Geonosian Attacker, the Geonosian Spy is the primary source of damage within the team. Geonosian Spy can deal devastating damage with its Silent Strike ability when enough debuffs are inflicted on its target, making it a high-priority threat.
- Sun Fac: Sun Fac serves as the primary tank for the team, alongside Geonosian Brute. Sun Fac is adept at soaking up damage and can inflict Stagger, Blind, and Daze debuffs on enemies.
- Geonosian Soldier: Geonosian Soldier functions as an Attacker who can accumulate a significant amount of Turn Meter through critical hits.
- Poggle the Lesser: This Geonosian character plays a Support role, primarily focused on mass debuff cleansing. Additionally, Poggle the Lesser can impose Ability Block on opponents.
- Geonosian Brute: Geonosian Brute is a summoned Geonosian unit that often comes with a Taunt buff, allowing it to protect crucial Geonosians. It can be resummoned if defeated.
Team Recommendations to Counter Geonosians
When it comes to facing Geonosian teams in SWGOH, having the right counters at your disposal is crucial, because everything becomes easier even if you have the tips above in mind.
You don’t always need to deploy your top-tier teams to get the job done, as there are several effective counters that can dismantle Geonosian squads without breaking the bank.
Here are some reliable options to take down those pesky Geonosians, all with relatively easy to get characters in the game:
- Darth Traya (Leader), Darth Sion, Darth Nihilus, Sith Empire Trooper, Savage Opress
- This dark side team brings a formidable set of tools to the table, capable of disrupting and overpowering Geonosians.
- Chief Nebit (Leader), Jawa Scavenger, Jawa Engineer, Datcha, Jawa
- Don’t underestimate the power of Jawas when facing Geonosians. Their Thermal Detonators can wreak havoc on Geonosian teams, especially with the constant out-of-turn attacks.
- Darth Revan (Leader), Bastila Shan (Fallen), Darth Malak, HK-47, Sith Marauder
- A well-rounded Sith team led by Darth Revan can effectively take on Geonosians and their relentless assaults.
- General Veers (Leader), Admiral Piett, Range Trooper, Colonel Starck, Moff Gideon
- An Imperial trooper squad, led by General Veers, can provide the necessary firepower to counter Geonosian teams.
- Mother Talzin (Leader), Nightsister Zombie, Asajj Ventress, Old Daka, Nightsister Spirit
- The Nightsisters, with their unique abilities and synergy, can prove to be a formidable choice when facing Geonosians.
- Commander Luke Skywalker (Leader), Chewbacca, Han Solo, C-3PO, Threepio & Chewie
- A Rebel squad led by Commander Luke Skywalker can work wonders against Geonosians, capitalizing on their strengths and teamwork.
- Emperor Palpatine (Leader), Darth Vader, Mara Jade, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Grand Moff Tarkin
- The Sith and Empire synergy in this team can bring the pain to Geonosian opponents, making them think twice about their relentless attacks.
- General Grievous (Leader), IG-100 MagnaGuard, B1 Battle Droid, Droideka, B2 Super Battle Droid
- If you prefer the droid army, General Grievous and his mechanical minions can take on Geonosians with precision and firepower.
- Any Galactic Legend team (although not recommended)
- While it’s not advisable to use Galactic Legends for this purpose, they can still overpower Geonosians if needed.
By using these less frequently utilized teams, you can preserve your top-tier squads for more formidable challenges in PvP battles.
You know now both the general tactics to use when it comes to dealing with annoying Geonosian Teams in Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, but you also have a few team recommendations if in doubt who to send against them.