Grim Tales 7 Color of Fright game details and review.
My weekly look at a popular HOG series.
Continues with the 7th installment in the Grim Tales family adventure.
Available on PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone.
For the full series list so far, check out the link included below.
Grim Tales 7 Color of Fright Review
Details and review of the 7th Grim Tales game, Color of Fright.
Grim Tales: Color of Fright
From: Elephant Games.
Publisher: Big Fish Games.
Genres: Detective, Mystery, Hidden Object, Puzzle.
PC release: November 2014.
iOS release: July 2015.
Plot: It wasn’t bad enough that your train was running late, but now a mysterious note warns that this Gray family dinner will be the last! Inside the Gray family castle, everything is in chaos, with your family nowhere to be found. The walls are graffitied with the scribbles of a madman as his laughter echoes through the halls. Armed with a magical paint set, you are the only one who can save them. Reunite with previous Grim Tales characters, including Luisa, Elizabeth, James McGray, and even your niece, Jackie! Can you unmask the kidnapper and beat him at his own game?
Grim Tales 7 Color of Fright CE – Game Play & Features
- We are back in Gray castle! Where the annual family reunion has taken an unexpected and bizarre turn!
- This episode features characters and story lines from the previous Grim Tales.
- With 6 chapters. And a bonus chapter in the Collector’s Edition.
- Including excellent illustrations and cut-scenes throughout.
- And tense atmospheric soundtrack and sound effects.
- Play in 3 games modes: Casual, Advanced, Hardcore.
- Game play includes puzzles, mini-games and interactive HO scenes.
- Interactive map: which gives an overview of actions to do in each location. You can also use the map to travel to available areas with one click.
- Journal: updated with details of the story as it unfolds.
- The Collector’s Edition (CE) includes: bonus gameplay, a bonus chapter, Strategy Guide, 18 achievements and 24 collectibles.
Grim Tales 7 Color of Fright CE – Review
Color of Fright uses characters and their stories from the previous games to tell the story of Thomas Gray. As the adopted son, he has issues and grudges with all the family members. And in this episode he is taking his revenge!
Elephant Games have managed to bring together all the strands of the Gray family saga, ramped up into one scary adventure!
But even if you haven’t played the previous games, you can still enjoy this thriller. As well as appreciating the puzzle and HO game play. And revel in the gorgeous artwork and tense atmosphere.
There are lots of puzzles to solve, some are really creative and challenging. The hidden object games are also well done, some with mini-games incorporated into them.
This is an excellent HO game, with excellent artwork, a very scary storyline and plenty of challenging puzzle game play.
See my post: Grim Tales Game Series List. For all the game titles in the series so far. Including reviews for all the episodes.
For my latest Elephant Games for PC, Mac, iPad and iPhone posts. Including series lists, new releases and reviews.
And also for more top series lists. See my Popular Games Series A to Z page. Which includes HOG, management and point-and-click games series. For computer and mobile.
Don’t forget, you can Subscribe or Follow and get updates of my latest posts.