Review of Darkness and Flame 1: Born of Fire Collector’s Edition.
The first chapter in a new HOPA series. From developers Five-BN.
Involving quests, adventure, hidden object and puzzle game play!
Available on PC, Mac and app stores.
For the series list so far, see my post included below.
Darkness and Flame 1: Born of Fire
From: Five-BN Ltd.
Released: June 2016.
Genres: Mystery, Hidden Object, Puzzle.
Plot: Alice was just an ordinary girl, until she found an egg in a strange chest. With just one touch, a firebird hatches from it, changing her life forever. Now she’s forced to leave her home, faced with a dangerous adventure full of wonders beyond her imagination. Can Alice summon the courage to overcome all that Fate has in store for her?
- Adventure game with hidden objects, mini-games, and puzzles.
- Immerse yourself in an amazing adventure in a fantasy world.
- Meet the people of the Fertile Lands.
- Solve dozens of puzzles.
- Harness the power of the Flame.
- Save the world from a danger threatening to annihilate every living thing.
Collector’s Edition – Features
- 3 difficulty modes: Easy, Normal, Hard. You can change this at anytime throughout the game, via the Menu button.
- Explore over 50 stunning locations.
- Complete over 40 different mini-games.
- Challenge yourself with silhouette list hidden object scenes. Usually multi-step HO game, with the ultimate aim of locating a key piece of inventory.
- Interactive fast-travel map accessed by clicking on the compass in the right hand bottom corner. Shows you where actions and items are available.
- Journal, which is automatically updated with useful info. For easy reference.
- Collect capsules throughout the game. These contain maps and reveal useful info about different places in the Fertile Lands.
- Assemble collections, gather morphing objects, and gain achievements.
Darkness and Flame 1: Born of Fire – Review
From the start of this Born of Fire game, you are treated to top quality visuals. As well as cinematic cut-scenes and excellent voice-overs. The scenery, background sounds and musical score all add to the tension. So you feel a sense of urgency in this adventure! The young heroine of this story, Alice. Has to, not only deal with the enemies that are after the treasure she has just found. But also the new family stuff she is only now discovering. This also adds further interesting elements to the plot.
As for the gameplay, this game mostly involves puzzles and mini-games. With plenty to challenge and engage you throughout the game. And whilst there are not that many HO games. Five-BN use their well-honed style of multi-stepped silhouette HO games. Where you’re tasked with finding silhouetted items in a sequence. Until you find the key piece that you’ll need for your inventory for later use.
This is a very exciting adventure. Well presented and with plenty of challenge and variety to engage. Without any filler! This is definitely an adventure game for those who enjoy puzzles and mini-games. With a compelling story that pulls it all together, and at a fast-pace!
Available on Amazon for: Fire Tablet (US) or Fire Tablet (UK).
For the full series so far: Darkness and Flame Series from Five-BN.
Darkness and Flame 2: Missing Memories Review.
Darkness and Flame 3: The Dark Side Review.
More Top Five-BN Games Series
For more games series from 5BN. For PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android and Amazon Fire. See also:
Lost Lands Game Series List.
New York Mysteries Games and Reviews.
Sacra Terra Games from Alawar and Five-BN.
House of 1000 Doors Series from Alawar and FiveBN.
The Legacy Game Series List.
See also my latest 5-BN Games for PC, Mac, tablet and phone posts. Including series lists, new releases and reviews.
Subscribe or Follow to keep up to date with my new posts.
And for the best hidden object adventure games, see my Best Hidden Object Games page. For computer, tablet and phone.
BORN OF FIRE. The Tile Puzzle alongside the skeleton in coffin 80% through the game. Unable to complete as it’s impossible to get the coloured tiles to match up as one of the tile colours, the 3rd at the top, is wrong, needs a red section at bottom, even shown it as wrong in walkthroughs. Can anyone throw any light on this issue.